lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Search vs. Rank
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2007 19:32:32 GMT

: I'm thinking something like  +pizza^0 garlic^1 "goat cheese"^-1

that does in fact work.

: 2) Once I have this list of results, can I change their rank order without
: having to do a full scale search again?

the frequency of "pizza' won't affect the score at all, so you should need
to do much to change the order ... but you can implement your own custom
Sort to get any order you want.

An alternate appraoch is to use a Filter to define the super set of all
things you are interested in (ie: "pizza") and then execute a Query
against that Filter that matches all docs, scoring the ones you care the
most about higher.

-Hoss