lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <>
Subject Re: date range querys
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2007 20:45:45 GMT

: I suspect that if you stored your dates (use DateTools) as strings
: with a resolution of a day you'd get much faster queries, assuming
: that this is fine enough for your app.

...especialy if you use ConstanScoreRangeQUery ... if you find that isn't
fast enough, having the various granularities *may* help improve
performance, but only if they are stored in seperate fields (so the
when you query only at year granularity the termEnum doesn't have to
iterate over all the terms at finer granularity)

I've never tried this myself ... 99.99% of hte time i'm using Solr,
storing things with millisecond resolution, and trusting Solr's caching to
take care of makingthings fast enough for me (searching at day/hour
granularity 98% of the time makes that caching very effective)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message