lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Peter W." <pe...@marketingbrokers.com>
Subject Re: Contextual text-link ads
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2007 18:05:44 GMT
Thanks, sounds great.

Sponsored search results are such an important complement
to Lucene, Solr and Nutch it's surprising there is nothing in
the sandbox and only a few archive mentions.

I really liked the idea of setting a boost to certain sponsor
docs based on 'importance' and some known profitable ad formulas
might come into play such as:

sponsored_ad_position=(clicks/impressions) * (highest_bid);

Click-thru rate, cost-per-click and average cost-per-click
still need to be worked out and a few details like automation,
stop words, reporting, analytics, localization, payments and
pay-per-action (conversions) would be gravy.

Beyond just cloning what's out there, the collective experience
of the Lucene community could take leadership in paid search.

Best,

Peter W.