lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Tony Qian" <tonyq...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Plural word search
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2007 17:23:54 GMT

Sachin,

Thanks for quick response. Is there any code example i can take look? I'm
not familiar with the technique you mentioned. My question is how the
analyzer knows "buss" is not a plural and bears is a plural.

Lucene supports wildcard. However, we can not use wildcard at the beginning
of search term such as *bear. is there a way to match *bear* (bear, bears,
forbearance etc.) by search tern "bear"?

thanks