lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: document field updates
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2007 21:09:58 GMT

On Mar 1, 2007, at 1:35 PM, Neal Richter wrote:
>> Collex is quite open source, its just ugly source :)  We're the
>> 'patacriticism' project at SourceForge, under the "collex" directory
>> in Subversion.
>>
>> Collex implements tagging by implementing JOIN cross-references
>> between user/tag documents and regular object documents.  It's
>> scalability is not going to be good at bigger numbers in its current
>> architecture, but it works quite well for our 60k or so objects at
>> the moment.
>
> Have you implemented and code that enforces a Boolean query across
> these two indexes?

Actually its a single index, with a "type" field that separates the
two different types of documents (archive objects, or collectable
objects).

A pointer to this code is here: <http://
patacriticism.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/patacriticism/collex/trunk/
src/solr/org/nines/CollectableCache.java?view=markup>  It's a hack
that leverages some of Solr's facilities (but not near enough!).

	Erik