lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "José Ramón Pérez Agüera" <jose.agu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using Lucene to apply LSI
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2007 19:43:56 GMT
you need to use JAMA combined with Lucene, using the vectors that are
builded by lucene to compute SVD with JAMA

http://math.nist.gov/javanumerics/jama/

Best

jose

On 3/28/07, Mark Stiner <faikeeyes@yahoo.com> wrote:

>                     Hi,
>
> I have a research project where I want to implement LSI technique. The
> scenario is something as follows.

> the news sites for the locally event based news. Cluster the similar
> news items together. For example hurricane in New York city.
>
> We want to apply basic LSI as follows
>
>    -Key word extraction
>    -Filter using stop list
>    -Stemming
>    -Option: Synonym detection
>    - Frequency Matrix
>    - SVD Decomposition
>
>   -Cluster related News items
>
> The input data will be from the web based news sites such as Yahoo, google
> etc.
>
> How can we use Lucene to achieve this. Please provide me the steps.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Faikeeyes

> Now that's room service!  Choose from over 150,000 hotels

José Ramón Pérez Agüera

Dept. de Ingeniería del Software e Inteligencia Artificial
Despacho 411 tlf. 913947599
Facultad de Informática
Universidad Complutense de Madrid