lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From rkwagle <rkwa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: BEST GUI Fron tend for lucene
Date Sun, 01 Apr 2007 05:30:38 GMT

ashwin kumar-3 wrote:

> hi all
>
> this is ashwin i have done my indexing program and i am able to retrieve
> the
> matching documents in command line .now i want to create a GUI and want to
> display the matching documents in the gui. can anyone suggest me what
> would
> be the best gui for lucene when it comes to networked environment.
>
> thnks
> regards
> ashwin

Okay i can suggest you an GUI application i am currently into. okay as you
say in networked environment:
maintain a file server with the files to be indexed. maintain a index server
where the indexing application runs and where the actual indexing of the
files occur. maintain the index location in a separate server or on the same
machine.
Now design the front end that is run on the client terminal which performs
the work of giving the index location of the files to be indexed and
performing the indexing.
Then add features like searching to the client application where the search
results are displayed in which the actual file contents are displayed after
being searched in the index location.

good luck.