lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From TimF <...@timflanders.com>
Subject Custom Analyzer Help please
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2007 22:12:58 GMT

I would like to be able to get terms from my data that are a combination of
two existing analyzers.
I would like this for both posting and searching of various fields.
An example of the data might be as follows:
   Hello XY&Z Corporation - abc@example.com
I would like the following terms to come out of the analyzer:
 [hello]  [xy&z]  [corporation] [abc@example] [com]  //this is the
StandardAnalyzer output
as well as
  [xy] [z]  [abc] [example]

Essentially, I want the StandardAnalyzer output, but then I want to run the
StopAnalyzer on the terms that come out of the StandardAnalyzer. Basically I
would like to be able to search against part of the "special" word or the
whole "special" word, where special word contains tokens for things like
email and part numbers, etc...

I know the answer is that I have to create a custom analyzer that combines
the standard and stop analyzers, and I have tried... but I just cannot
figure out how to do this.

I have read through the LIA book and looked through the samples for keyword
and perfield analyzers, but they just dont do it.

Anyone have any samples that do this kind of thing?
Thanks,
Tim