lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Yakn <board...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Linking two different indexes
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2007 18:48:28 GMT

Thanks for the ParrallelReader, but that is not going to work either. I can
see a use for it if I could add the document correctly with the content from
Nutch.

Ok, so I will try and ellaborate as much as possible here. From the previous
post I made, I had:

Nutch Index                                 URL
Content
A                                    www.something.com
A lot of junk that needs linked
B                                    www.somethingelse.com
Some more junk that needs linked

 Lucene Index(from Database)         URL                          Other
Fields
D                                    www.something.com
G                                    www.something.com

I want to ultimately have this:

DocumentID                                URL
Other Fields                             Content
D                              www.something.com

A lot of junk that needs linked
G                              www.something.com

A lot of junk that needs linked

This can happen during indexing meaning that those documents will grab the
indexes from Nutch and pull the content out when it matches the URL and add
it to the Lucene Index when indexing from the database or it can happen at
Search Time, meaning that the search goes and looks for matches in the
content field or other fields and then grabs the other index from Nutch or
Lucene (Depending on where the hit happened) and matches them up with the
URL being the link. This would mean that we are matching documents with the
content and url. Hopefully this is enough information.

Thanks again for a reply,
Mike