lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ulf Dittmer <...@ulfdittmer.com>
Subject Re: question about ScoreDocComparator
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2007 10:09:37 GMT
Well, I am using a Sort object ("Hits = Search.search(Query, Filter,
Sort)" actually).
In setting up the SortField array for that Sort object with a
SortComparatorSource the issue comes up that I need to access the
field value that is being used for sorting.

Maybe that's just the way Lucene works, but it seems that there
should be an easy way to get at the field value without having to
retrieve the document from the index.

Cheers,
Ulf