lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From teramera <teram...@gmail.com>
Subject Term Frequency within Hits
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2007 21:04:35 GMT

So after I execute a search I end up with a 'Hits' object. The number of Hits
is the order of a million.
What I want to do is from these Hits is extract term frequencies for a few
known fields. I don't have a global list of terms for any of the fields but
want to generate  the term frequency based on terms from the Hits.

Iterating over the hits and doing this later is of course turning out to be
very expensive.
Is there a known Lucene way of solving such a problem so that this
calculation happens as the hits are being accumulated?
Appreciate any pointers,