lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Xiaocheng Luan <jenal...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: how to get approximate total matching
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2007 02:00:16 GMT
If I remember correctly, I once searched over 40G of indexes using multi-searcher with 512M
max heap size, how much memory did you give the JVM?
Thanks,
Xiaocheng

senthil kumaran <kumaranjove@gmail.com> wrote: Hi.
    I have more index directories (>6) all in GB,and searching my query with
single IndexSearcher  to all indexes one after another.i.e. I create one
IndexSearcher for index1 and search over that.Finally I close that and
create new IndexSearcher for index2 and so on. If i get 200 total results
then i don't go to search other index directories and i print 200 results
and exit from search.
    I need to get approximate total matching documents all over the indexes
without going to search in other indexes.
    Please suggest me a easiest way to achieve this.

P.S: To avoid more memory usage and to reduce search timeI don't want to
search my query through all indexes if i got 200 results. MultiSearcher
create OOM error,  so that I'm using single IndexSearcher.

Thanks in Advance
Senthil

 with theYahoo! Search weather shortcut.