lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Xiaocheng Luan <jenal...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: setBoost on Field
Date Sun, 01 Apr 2007 01:43:07 GMT
what fields did you search, the headlines field only?

DECAFFMEYER MATHIEU <MATHIEU.DECAFFMAYER@fortis.lu> wrote:     setBoost on Field
 Hi,
  I am parsing this file called Logistics.htm
I have a field named "headlines" that contains word "clients" among others.
  When I don't put a boost on this field, I have as score 0.06 when searching for clients.

Then when I put a boost of "10", I have a score of 0.21
Yet I was expecting a score of 0.60
  Could anyone clarify this behaviour to me ?
Thank u for any help.
     Matt

 Internet communications are not secure and therefore Fortis Banque Luxembourg S.A. does not
accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message. The information contained in
this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee.
If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action
taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. Nothing
in the message is capable or intended to create any legally binding obligations on either
party and it is not intended to provide legal advice.