lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Peter W. <pe...@marketingbrokers.com>
Subject Re: Sort Performance Question
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2007 20:50:07 GMT
Hello,

The response time for sorts depends on number of results.
If you don't need all documents returned you could use a filter.

One idea would be to use DateTools to save your dates as Strings
and build your query with FilteredQuery passing in a custom filter
to search this field.

The filter would be constructed using two RangeFilters setting upper
and lower date boundaries (Strings) combined using NumberTools and
ChainedFilter.

With a subset of your matching results sorting should be much faster.

Regards,

Peter W.