lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Is Lucene Java trunk still stable for production code?
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2007 13:27:09 GMT
Well, I think the standard disclaimer applies here:  The trunk is not
guaranteed to be stable (but, hey, what really is, right?).  Releases
are meant to be "production ready" to the best of our knowledge at
the time.

That being said, we do make efforts to keep the trunk stable.  I
guess the answer ultimately depends on your business needs.  If I
were doing it, I would move to 2.1, but that's just me!

-Grant

On Mar 14, 2007, at 5:12 PM, Jean-Philippe Robichaud wrote:

> Hello Dear Lucene Users!
>

> Back in the old days (well, last year) the lucene/java/trunk
> subversion
> path was always stable enough for everyone to use into production
> code.
> Now, with the 2.0/2.1/2.2 braches, is it still the case?
>

> In December, I 'ported' my app to use the lucene 2.0 release.  Now, I
> have another chance to upgrade the production code (this is not
> happening every month!) so I would like to upgrade the lucene library
> I'm using to take advantage of performance gains.  Should I just
> update
> my svn image from lucene/java/trunk or should I take
> lucene/java/branches/lucene_2_1
>

> Thanks!
>

> Jp

Grant Ingersoll