lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Rajiv Roopan" <rajiv.roo...@gmail.com>
Subject Trouble w/ Query Creation
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2007 15:02:58 GMT
Hello, I'm having some issues making the correct query. This is my current
situation.

I'm searching for :"foo bar" in 3 fields:

In the index I have:

document 1.
field1 contains (boost is 2.0): "bar stuff"
field2 contains: "bar max"
field3 contains: ""

document 2.
field1 contains (boost is 2.0): "foo bar stuff"
field2 contains: ""
field3 contains: "fbs"

I'm looking to get document 2 as the first result since it contains all the
words I'm searching for but this is not what happens.

I currently have a boolean query which contains a MultiFieldQuery  for all
three fields and a Prefix query for field1.  This config doesn't seem to
work. Any help would be appreciated.

Rajiv