lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "SK R" <rsk....@gmail.com>
Subject how ungrouped query handled?
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2007 11:06:58 GMT
Hi,
     Can anyone explain how lucene handles the belowed query?
    My query is *field1:source AND (field2:name OR field3:dest)* . I've
given this string to queryparser and then searched by using searcher. It
returns correct results. It's query.toString() print is :: +field1:source
+(field2:name field3:dest)
    But if i don't group my terms (i.e) my query : *field1:source AND
field2:name OR field3:dest *,then it gives the result of  first two term's
search result. It doesn't search 3rd term. It's query.toString() print is ::
+field1:source +field2:name field3:dest.
If i use same boolean operator between all terms, then it returns correct
results.
Why it doesn't search the terms after 2nd term if grouping not used?

Thanks & Regards
RSK