lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Antony Bowesman <...@teamware.com>
Subject Re: Help - FileNotFoundException during IndexWriter.init()
Date Sat, 31 Mar 2007 09:27:21 GMT
Michael McCandless wrote:

> Hmmm.  It seems like what's happening is the file in fact exists but
> Lucene gets "Access is denied" when trying to read it.  Lucene takes a
> listing of the directory, first.  So if it Lucene has permission to
> take a directory listing but then no permission to open the segments_N
> file for reading, that would cause this exception.
>
> Is it possible that your virus checker thought the segments_gq9 file
> had a virus and turned off "read permisson" in the ACLs for it?  Can
> you check to see which specific file(s) it thought had viruses?

What's in the segments file?  The virus would have existed in one of the
attachments in another directory queued for indexing.  Those files are queued by
a process that has no involvement with the indexing and has not caused a problem
on another machine with Mcafee on it.  This one has F-Secure.

Unfortunately I was too quick to cancel the message as assumed it was not a
problem until I looked at the test logs.

> Is it possible to tell the virus checker NOT to not check files in
> your Lucene index directory?

Yes, I've disabled it currently while the new test runs.  Let's see.  I'll
re-run the test a few more times and see if I can re-create the problem.

Thanks for the rapid response Mike
Antony