lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Antony Bowesman <...@teamware.com>
Subject Help - FileNotFoundException during IndexWriter.init()
Date Sat, 31 Mar 2007 08:02:34 GMT
I got the following exception this morning when running one last test on a data
set that has been indexed many times before over the past few months.

java.io.FileNotFoundException:
D:\72ed1\server\Java\Search\00000008\index\00000001\segments_gq9 (Access is denied)
         at java.io.RandomAccessFile.<init>(RandomAccessFile.java:212)
         at
org.apache.lucene.store.FSIndexInput$Descriptor.<init>(FSDirectory.java:497)
         at org.apache.lucene.store.FSIndexInput.<init>(FSDirectory.java:522)
         at org.apache.lucene.store.FSDirectory.openInput(FSDirectory.java:434)
         at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentInfos.read(SegmentInfos.java:180)
         at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentInfos$1.doBody(SegmentInfos.java:235)
         at
org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentInfos$FindSegmentsFile.run(SegmentInfos.java:579)
         at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentInfos.read(SegmentInfos.java:232)
         at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.init(IndexWriter.java:385)
         at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.<init>(IndexWriter.java:276)

On Windows with Lucene 2.1.

The test was run with only a single thread handling an incoming queue of 155K
requests with ~200K documents so there is no concurrency issue.  There is no
optimisation going on.  I am warming a new searcher every minute (for load)
using a new reader.

I know that one of the files being indexed has a virus and when I came back to
the machine the virus scanner had popped up at some point, so my suspicions are
that it is the cause.  I am running the test again, but can any of the gurus
give any ideas what can cause this.

It did have to happen the day after my deadline :(

Antony