lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From thomas arni <...@zhwin.ch>
Subject Re: TF-IDF API
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2007 09:18:23 GMT
Hava a look at the "TermDocs" Interface in the API.

You can get term frequency  with a open IndexReader

TermDocs termDocs = reader.termDocs(term);

where "term" represents the current Term.

now you can call:

termDocs.freq()

to get the frequency of the term within the current document.

For the calculation of the idf, you can use the provided formula from
the "DefaultSimilarity".
To get the document frequency, which is necessary to calculate the idf,
you can call:

reader.docFreq(term)

Hope this helps...

Thomas