lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Antony Bowesman <...@teamware.com>
Subject Re: indexing rss feeds in multiple languages
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2007 08:27:50 GMT
Melanie Langlois wrote:
> Well, thanks, sounds like the best option to me. Does anybody use the
> PerFieldAnalyzerWrapper? I'm just curious to know if there is any impact on
> the performances when using different analyzers.

I've not done any specifc comparisons between using a single Analyzer and
multiple Analyzer with PFAW, but our indexes are typically 20-25 fields, each of
which can have a different analyzer depending on language or field type,
although in practice about 8-10 fields may use the non-default analyzer.

Performance is pretty good in any case and there's not been any noticeable
degradtion when tweaking analyzers.
Antony