lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Antony Bowesman <...@teamware.com>
Subject Combining score from two or more hits
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2007 05:53:16 GMT
I have indexed objects that contain one or more attachments.  Each attachment is
indexed as a separate Document along with the object metadata.

When I make a search, I may get hits in more than one Document that refer to the
same object.  I have a HitCollector which knows if the object has already been
found, so I want to be able to update the score of an existing hit in a way that
makes sense.  e.g. If hit H1 has score 1.35 and hit H2 has score 2.9 is is
possible to re-score it on the basis that the real hit result is (H1 AND H2).

I can take the highest score of any Document, but just wondered if this is
possible during the HitCollector.collect method?

Antony