lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Antony Bowesman <...@teamware.com>
Subject Re: [Urgent] deleteDocuments fails after merging ...
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2007 20:33:14 GMT
Chris Hostetter wrote:
> the only real reason you should really need 2 searchers at a time is if
> you are searching other queries in parallel threads at the same time ...
> or if you are warming up one new searcher that's "ondeck" while still
> serving queries with an older searcher.

Hoss, I hope I misunderstood this: are you saying that the same
IndexSearcher/IndexReader pair can not be used concurrently against a single
index by different threads executing different queries?

The archives have several mentions of sharing IndexSearcher among threads and
Otis says http://www.jguru.com/faq/view.jsp?EID=492393.

Can you clarify what you meant please.

Antony