lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Tim Patton <tpat...@dealcatcher.com>
Subject Re: memory consumption on large indices
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2007 15:34:19 GMT
I'm searching a 20GB index and my searching JVM is allocated 1Gig.
However, my indexing app only had 384mb availible to it, which means you
can get away with far less.  I believe certain index tables will need to
be swapped in and out of memory though so it may not search as quickly.

With a 1.8gig index you could try the jvm default (64megs) and see how
it works.

Tim