lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Andreas Guther" <Andreas.Gut...@markettools.com>
Subject Can Highlighter handle multiple word terms?
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2007 16:17:29 GMT
Hi,

I am using the Highlighter class to highlight my search results.  So far
my observation is that the Highlighter does not highlight terms with
multiple words in it.

For example if I have a text like "This is an example text for the
highlighter" and my search term is "example highlighter" than I would
expect to get back from the Highlighter the following: "This is an
<B>example</B> text for the <B>highlighter</B>".  So far the highlighter
only returns an empty String.  I am passing in the StandardAnalyzer.

It also looks to me as if the Highlighter cannot handle a term like
"contents:example".

I wonder if I am missing here something or if this is a limitation of
the Highlighter.

Can some one enlighten me?

Andreas