lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Erick Erickson" <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to index a large database
Date Sat, 31 Mar 2007 13:36:16 GMT
Well, don't do it that way <G>.....

I'm assuming that you have some SQL statement like "for each
entry in table 1, find all the related info", and what you're
failing to retrieve is the result.

So, try something like creating a SQL statement that selects
the ID for table 1 and write it to a file. At the end of this, you'll
have a list of all the IDs from table 1. Then, read those in one
at a time and execute your query for use in indexing on one
row at a time. In other words, iterate over each row rather
than try to execute it in one massive statement.

Erick