lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Erick Erickson" <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: index file size threshold affecting search performance?
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2007 19:11:06 GMT
This surprises me, I'm currently working with a 4G index, and the
improvement from when it was an 8G index was only 10% or so.
And it's plenty speedy.

Are you hitting hardware limitations and perhaps swapping like
crazy? In which case, unless you split things across several
machines, I doubt it would help to make two smaller indexes.

In sum, I really suspect that you're NOT hitting a Lucene limitation,
but it's something else about your system....

Best
Erick