lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Erick Erickson" <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how ungrouped query handled?
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2007 13:51:15 GMT
This is a pretty common issue that I've been grappling with by chance
recently. The main point is that the parser is NOT a boolean logic
parser.....

Search the mail archive for the thread "bad query parser bug" and
you'll find a good discussion.

I tried using PrecedenceQueryParser, but that didn't work for
me very well, search the mail archive on that and you'll see some
examples of why.

I solved this problem for my immediate issues by writing a very
quick-and-dirty parenthesizer for my raw query. If it wasn't going
on summer, I might see if I can contribute something by
seeing if there's a way I can see to fix PrecedenceQueryParser.

Best
Erick