lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Erick Erickson" <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Search Question
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2007 01:22:58 GMT
I'm betting you can make SpanNearQuery work for you. In the simple case it's
a bunch of SpanQuerys (which in its simplest form is just a Span version of
TermQuery). The two other parameters are slop (See Lucene In Action for an
explanation of this) and whether the terms must appear in the order they are
in the array of SpanQuery you use in the constructor to the SpanNearQuery.

Once you construct the SpanNearQuery, you can use it just like any other
query.

So, if you wanted to find all the documents with your terms in order but
didn't care how close together they were, you could specify a very large
slop and inOrder = true. If you only wanted proximate terms, select a
reasonable slop. Defining "reasonable" is an exercise left to the reader...

Best
Erick