lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Erick Erickson" <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to get approximate total matching
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2007 13:16:46 GMT
How much memory are you allocating for your JVM? Because you're
paying a huge search time penalty by opening and closing your
searcher sequentially, it would be a good thing to not do this.
But, as you say, if you're getting OOM errors, that's a problem.

What is the total size of all your indexes? That would help folks
give you better responses and perhaps suggest other ways of
solving your problem.....

Erick