lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Mohammad Norouzi" <mnr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to define a pool for Searcher?
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2007 06:28:21 GMT
Hello Mark,
there is something vague for me about the Lucene-indexAccessor you created
and my problem.
as I see your codes, you create IndexSearcher and put it into a Map and the
only thing that separate them is the Similarity the have. so if say 1000
users with different Similarity connect to my application there will be 1000
IndexSearcher with their own internal Reader.
now, in my case, I have an IndexResultSet just like java.sql.ResultSet which
it contains a Hits. so a user may go forward or backward through the Hits'
documents and actually every user are doing this job.

to do so, I have to find the Similarity that a user working with it and find
the right IndexSearcher in order to support pagination for her. is this
right? I mean can I trust to Similarity to find the right IndexReader that a
user have used it before?

another question is, how about I have one IndexReader for all my
IndexSearcher and manage them simultaneously to access that single Reader.?

thank you very much in advance