lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "senthil kumaran" <kumaranj...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to get approximate total matching
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2007 13:22:43 GMT
Hi,
    Sorry for my delayed reply. I can't reproduce that OOM error with
MultiSearcher now.I'll try to reproduce that error and send you the details
that you asked.
     I've tested to search my index with  Multisearcher & separate
IndexSearcher.The search time by using Multisearcher is nearly equal  the
time by separate IndexSearcher.But memory used is more for MultiSearcher.

    My Index size is  *7.4GB *having 17M documents. Total Search Time for
MultiSearcher = 1.1Secs and Max.Memory used = 50937920. And total search
time for Separate indexSearcher = 1.4Secs and Max.Memory used = 10039408.
Wild card query is used for search.

    I need to control memory usage. Is there any possible ways to use
multisearcher with less memory usage?
    (FYI- I don't use any sort.)

Thanks & Regards
Senthil