lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ryan O'Hara <oh...@genome.chop.edu>
Subject Re: SpellChecker and Lucene 2.1
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2007 14:33:19 GMT
My question basically was is there a spellchecker-2.*1*-rc1-dev.jar?

The problems I'm having...

Exception:

java.lang.NullPointerException
         at
org.apache.lucene.search.spell.SpellChecker.indexDictionary
(SpellChecker.java:298)
         at DidYouMeanIndexer.createSpellIndex(DidYouMeanIndexer.java:
52)
         at DidYouMeanIndexer.main(DidYouMeanIndexer.java:38)

Code:

public void createSpellIndex(String field,
                                  Directory originalIndexDirectory,
                                  Directory spellIndexDirectory) {
         IndexReader indexReaderOriginal = null;
         try {
             indexReaderOriginal = IndexReader.open
(originalIndexDirectory);
             LuceneDictionary dictionary = new LuceneDictionary
(indexReaderOriginal, field);
             //*tried closing indexReaderOriginal here too*
	    SpellChecker spellChecker = new SpellChecker(spellIndexDirectory);
             spellChecker.indexDictionary(dictionary);
         } catch (Exception e){
             printError(e);
         } finally {
             try {
                 indexReaderOriginal.close();
             } catch (Exception e){
                 e.printStackTrace();
             }
         }
     }

When I close indexReaderOriginal after the Dictionary is closed, I
get the same exact exception.

Thanks in advance,
Ryan