lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Paul Elschot <paul.elsc...@xs4all.nl>
Subject Re: alternative scoring algorithm for PhraseQuery
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2007 18:23:29 GMT
Philipp,

First off: I have no solutions, just some existing things that might
be useful.

On Tuesday 06 March 2007 01:08, Philipp Nanz wrote:
> Hello folks,

> Now my problem is with scoring the deletion cases.
>
> My initial idea was to penalize a missing term position with its maximum
error.

> Does anyone know a better solution for scoring deletion cases?

The closest existing thing is coord() factor from Similarity.
But using that will only allow you to delay the implementation.

You can also use the sloppyFreq() from Similarity, but then
you still need a way to determine the sloppiness for any possible
term order. Span queries to that by just taking the distance
between the first and last matched "term".

Would your implementation also generalize to a SpanQuery?

Regards,
Paul Elschot