lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chaminda Amarasinghe <amcainfor...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Lucene Indexing - Getting Hited words in a query
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2007 07:35:49 GMT
Why nobody is anwering me?
  Pls help me.

Chaminda Amarasinghe <amcainforsys@yahoo.com> wrote:
  Hi all,

I'm new to this group,

I'm using lucene for indexing. I have a problem. Any help gratly appreciate.

Please see the following code
// three fields
MultiFieldQueryParser parser = new MultiFieldQueryParser(new String[]{"title", "tags", "content"},
new StandardAnalyzer());
// OR operator
parser.setDefaultOperator(QueryParser.Operator.OR);
// first step : search in lucene indexes
IndexSearcher searcher = new IndexSearcher(eventsBothDirectory)

// searchString is a String with many words
Query lquery = parser.parse(searchString);

//new QueryParser("content", new StandardAnalyzer());
Hits hits = searcher.search(lquery);

How can I find the matched words in searchString.
for a example
will say the searchString="wordone wordtwo wordthree". there are some hits for "wordone" and
"wordthree". but no hits for "wordtwo".
So what I want is to get "wordone" and "wordthree". (results are available only for "wordone"
and "wordthree". ).(I hope question is clear now)
How can i get this with lucene.

Many thanks.
Chaminda Amarasighe

Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate