lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Michael McCandless" <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Help - FileNotFoundException during IndexWriter.init()
Date Sat, 31 Mar 2007 08:28:21 GMT
"Antony Bowesman" <adb@teamware.com> wrote:
> I got the following exception this morning when running one last test on a data
> set that has been indexed many times before over the past few months.
>
> java.io.FileNotFoundException:
> D:\72ed1\server\Java\Search\00000008\index\00000001\segments_gq9 (Access is denied)

Hmmm.  It seems like what's happening is the file in fact exists but
Lucene gets "Access is denied" when trying to read it.  Lucene takes a
listing of the directory, first.  So if it Lucene has permission to
take a directory listing but then no permission to open the segments_N
file for reading, that would cause this exception.

Is it possible that your virus checker thought the segments_gq9 file
had a virus and turned off "read permisson" in the ACLs for it?  Can
you check to see which specific file(s) it thought had viruses?

Is it possible to tell the virus checker NOT to not check files in
your Lucene index directory?

Mike