lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Morten Simonsen <morten.simon...@owera.com>
Subject SELECT * FROM Index-file
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2007 10:07:31 GMT
Hi

I'm about to convert from Lucene index-files into a MySQL (sorry about
that:) I thought I would run a "SELECT *" on the index-file, then read
through all the "rows" (hits?) and process each of them into my new
database.

So I wrote this code:

----
WildcardQuery query = new WildcardQuery(new Term("UnitID", "*"));
Hits hits = ism.searchUnits(query);
----

Then I receive "Something failed: org.apache.lucene.search.BooleanQuery
$TooManyClauses"

I tried to set
BooleanQuery.setMaxClauseCount(Integer.MAX_VALUE);
but then I ran out of memory, so this is clearly not a good solution.

I have tried using several different fields as well, also fields which
has only a limited set of values (the field are then not unique in the
index-file).

Any suggestions?

Morten Simonsen

(And yes, I'm a newbie. Didn't find anything useful during my searches
on the Internet, mailing-lists or in the book, maybe because this is a
pretty infrequent thing to do?)