lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From jm <jmugur...@gmail.com>
Subject NPE in RAMDirectory after upgrade to 2.1
Date Mon, 26 Feb 2007 16:10:58 GMT
Hello all,

I have two processes running in parallel, each one adding and deleting
to its own set of indexes. Since I upgraded to 2.1 I am getting a NPE
at RAMDirectory.java line 207 in one of the processes.

Line 207 is:
      RAMFile existing = (RAMFile)fileMap.get(name);
the stack trace is:
java.lang.NullPointerException
org.apache.lucene.store.RAMDirectory.createOutput(RAMDirectory.java:207)
org.apache.lucene.index.FieldInfos.write(FieldInfos.java:256)
org.apache.lucene.index.DocumentWriter.addDocument(DocumentWriter.java:75)
org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.buildSingleDocSegment(IndexWriter.java:706)
org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.addDocument(IndexWriter.java:694)
org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.addDocument(IndexWriter.java:680)

I understand this RAMDirectory is something used internally by the
FSDirectories.

I have been double checking my code and I cannot see anything wrong.
Besided upgrading to lucene 2.1 I made some changes to take advantage
of new features (mainly set the locking factory of my indexes to be
the native one, IndexWriter deletes stuff).

someone has a clue? I tried to reproduce in my workstation but had no
success, but it happens consistently in my prod environment.

thanks
javi