lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Walt Stoneburner" <walt.stonebur...@gmail.com>
Subject Soliciting Design Thoughts on Date Searching
Date Tue, 27 Feb 2007 17:59:25 GMT
I've been asked if it's possible to search on dates within a document.
 The high level goal is to index a number of documents which mention
specific dates, and then perform a broad query for documents that
mention dates within a certain time period.

In thinking about how to go about solving this problem, I would figure
one would need a filter to extract all the date formats and store them
in a separate field, perhaps as a list.

Has anyone done something like this with Lucene, or perhaps could give
me some gentle design issues / recommendations for consideration so
that I don't paint myself into a corner later?

Thanks,
-Walt Stoneburner