lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ricardo Pereira da Silva" <ricardo.psi...@gmail.com>
Subject searchs based on text
Date Tue, 27 Feb 2007 14:43:17 GMT
I've started to study Lucene just today and the demos give me much
information on how
to begin to use it.

But I have one doubt that I couldn't resolve reading the docs and the demo
sources:
 All the examples just search in the index by just a single word, but I need
to know
 if it's possible to search in the index using a reference text.

 Let me explain:
  supose that a web user reaches the search page of my commercial website
and needs
  to find a solution about some trouble. Then he types a long text (about
three or four paragraphs)
  and next clicks on the search button.

  In this cenario, it's that possible to perform a search through the index
using that long text?

  What I need it's something just like the Help system of microsoft office.

  I apreciate if someone could give me some directions.

 Best Regards.

 Ricardo Pereira - Brazil

 PS: If someone finds some error in this text, please submit me the
corrections. I'll apreciate the indications.
     I don't have money to do a great english course and I have try to learn
by myself usind the BBC site.