lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: recovering an index from RAM disk.
Date Tue, 27 Feb 2007 19:09:46 GMT

IndeexWriter has an addIndexes method which takes in a directory ... so
open a new IndexWRiter pointed at the FSDirectory you want to write to and
add your RAMDirectory to it.

: Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 11:25:32 +0000
: From: Martin Spamer <mspamer@ebuyer.com>
: To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
: Subject: recovering an index from RAM disk.
:
:
: I generate my index to the file system and load that index into a
: RAMDirectory for speed.  If my indexer fails the directory based index
: can be left in an inadequate state for my needs.  I therefore wish to
: flush the current index from the RAMDirectory back to the File system.
: The RAMDirectory class doesn't seem to support this feature.  Is this
: possible and can anybody give me some pointers ?
:
:
:
: