lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Can I use Lucene to retrieve a list of duplicates
Date Fri, 23 Feb 2007 22:46:55 GMT

: Thanks this might do it, but do I need to know the terms beforehand, I
: just want to return any terms with frequency more than one?

no, TermEnum will let you iterate over all the terms ... you don't even
need TermDocs if you just want the docFreq for each term (which would be 1
if there are no duplicates)

: Erick Erickson wrote:
: > Sure, you can use the TermDocs/TermEnum classes. Basically, for a term
: > (probably column value in your app) these let you quickly answer the
: > question "which (and how many) documents does this term appear in".
: > What you get is the Lucene doc id, which let's you fetch all the
: > information about the documents you want.
: >
: > Erick
: >
: > On 2/23/07, *Paul Taylor* <paul_t100@fastmail.fm