lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: MultiSearcher vs IndexSearcher(new MultiReader
Date Wed, 21 Feb 2007 22:46:38 GMT

: Could someone enlighten me a bit about the subject? When do I want to
: use a MultiSearcher rather than a searcher running of a MultiReader?
: There seems to be a bunch of limitations in the MultiSearcher, and it
: is these that made me curious.

as i understand it the limitations of the MultiSearcher come from the fact
that it only requires a Searchable[] and the Searchable itnerface is
sufficiently simplified that it can support a lot more possibilities for
what it is ultimately searching (ie: a RemoteSearchable)

with a MultiReader,you must have an IndexReader[] which is a much weighter
contract to fulfill.

-Hoss