lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Extending Query, Weight, Scorer
Date Fri, 16 Feb 2007 01:35:22 GMT

: > your Scorer.next method should be skipping over documents that you do not
: > consider "matches" to your search.
: >
: But, since the value on the float[] is the same regardless it has a field
: with value '0' and has no field, how can i tell one from another?

Well the FieldCache default value issue is a seperate problem (hence the
seperate thread where we are already discussing it) I'm just pointint out
a flaw in your Scorer: if you want to indicate that a document doesn't
match, then next/skipTO should be skipping over it.

: > I can't help but wonder why you don't just use ConstantScoreRangeQuery for

: I didn't know about this... does it do what I want? Does it do it faster?
: Does it do the comparison numerically or lexicographically?

yes it probably does what you want, i don't know about the speed issue, it
works lexigraphicaly (but that's why things like NumberTools exist to
encode numers in ways that sort lexigrahicaly)

-Hoss