lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: NO_NORMS and TOKENIZED?
Date Fri, 16 Feb 2007 01:30:50 GMT

: Sorry for the rant... I guess my short answer is that I don't have an
: opinion on adding another type-safe constant TOKENIZED_NO_NORMS
: because I don't like the whole scheme.

agreed ... if people feel there is enough of a disconnect between the
options available as constructor args and the options available via
setters i would much rather see more setters then more constructor
args/constants.

i think having constructor arg constants for the "common" cases makes a
lot of sense ... but at this point i think we have way more then just the
common cases.

-Hoss