lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: FieldCacheImpl not "extendible"
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2007 08:38:08 GMT

: I have been diving into the code and I don't see why the class
: FieldCacheImpl is not extendible. It is not defined as a public class...
: though, I would like to be able to subclass it to change a slight bit.
:
: Why is it defined like that?

I don't know that there is any particular reason ... even if you could
subclass it, you won't be able to replace the static instance used by the
core Lucene code because it's in the FieldCache interface.

your dest bet if you want to reuse functinality for your own code would
be to decorate it.

-Hoss