lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Extending Query, Weight, Scorer
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2007 08:34:08 GMT

: I have created a Query that works for numerical max-min ranges, that may
: work for any Field specified.
: I have done that by extending Query, and creating own Weight and Scorer
: subclasses as well.
: So it works ... but I have problems when setting min or max boundary to 0:
: In this case, those entries that do not have the field, happen as if they
: had it with value 0. And I would like that, those not  having the field, not
: scoring for the query. Code is below.

your Scorer.next method should be skipping over documents that you do not
consider "matches" to your search.

I can't help but wonder why you don't just use ConstantScoreRangeQuery for
this?

-Hoss