lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From karl wettin <karl.wet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: indexing performance
Date Tue, 27 Feb 2007 15:59:42 GMT

27 feb 2007 kl. 16.49 skrev Saravana:

> I am trying to index the syslogs generated from one of my busy ftp
> server so
> that I can get counts specific to an user with the given time
> frame. Since
> my  ftp server is very busy it can generate so much syslogs per
> second. And
> the important point here is I do not need any ranking etc..

My immediate thought when reading this is if it really is a text
search engine you want to use for this?

If it is, how do you process the log? What fields to you split it up
in and what analyzsers do you use? Optimizing the use of that is
probably you best way to achieve better speed when appending
documents to the index.

--
karl