lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "DECAFFMEYER MATHIEU" <MATHIEU.DECAFFMA...@fortis.lu>
Subject RE: Open & Close Reader
Date Thu, 22 Feb 2007 13:25:21 GMT
Actually I don't see how it could not be multi-threaded,
since it seems normal to me that I run it in a web application which is
multi-threaded for each user request ?

Erick, could u please explain to me your comment ?

Thank u.

__________________________________
   Matt

-----Original Message-----
From: Erick Erickson [mailto:erickerickson@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 22, 2007 2:06 PM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Open & Close Reader

*****  This message comes from the Internet Network *****

Well, it's your logic that takes the request from the user and executes
the
search. So it's your logic that has to take care of any coordination
between
threads that use the same reader. This is a standard multi-threading
resource-sharing issue.

If your application is not multi-threaded, I don't see how you can
"close
the reader while the user is executing a query"...

Erick