lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "DECAFFMEYER MATHIEU" <MATHIEU.DECAFFMA...@fortis.lu>
Subject IDFrequency
Date Fri, 02 Feb 2007 18:51:53 GMT
Hi,

The score depends of
1. the query
2. the matched document
3. the index.

I don't really understand why the index must influence the score (why it
ahs been implemented that way).

Let's say I have this page Logistics.htm
I have just one time the word "experience" in it.
It will get a high score because of the IDF but it occurs only once in
my document.

   Matt

Internet communications are not secure and therefore Fortis Banque Luxembourg S.A. does not
accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message. The information contained in
this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee.
If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action
taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. Nothing
in the message is capable or intended to create any legally binding obligations on either
party and it is not intended to provide legal advice.